Variables in access_log

batrick nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sun Jul 5 13:40:15 MSD 2009

I have run into a similar problem. I wanted to set up a number of virtual hosts that each share the same configuration except, of course, for the domain name and path. So my plan was to set some environment variables, and then include the template configuration file.

Unfortunately, the plan faltered somewhat because error_log and server_name do not seem to support variables.

Does anybody know of a documentation which directives support variables and which do not?

Kind regards,

batrick

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,3722,3763#msg-3763