FastCGI application not receiving multi-part data

Toni Mueller support-nginx at oeko.net
Tue Jul 21 12:21:00 MSD 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 17.07.2009 at 19:06:30 -0400, gerryw <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> seem that there are some issues with the FastCGI implementation that
> PHP and the like must have worked around or their multipart form
> parser is very mature and robust.

FWIW, I found nginx's handling of FastCGI "mature enough" after
upgrading to 0.7.61. At least, it enabled me to run MovableType behind
it, which I didn't manage to do before.

You did set variables like client_body_temp_path?

> BTW: The problem is not the fastcgi_param stuff. It has to do with
> the format of the multipart data. None of the current open source
> FastCGI compatible C libraries that I could find can parse it.

It would be nice to know more about the application and data you're
working with.

Kind regards,
--Toni++