Nginx forum open

Merlin merlin at mahalo.com
Fri Mar 13 20:56:39 MSK 2009

Is there any way to syndicate mailing list posts as RSS? Those I can import.

Jim
If Igor simply doesnt have time to make something centrally with the list
backend but can specify how its stored, I would be willing to write some
script or other to parse it and output the necessary RSS for importing
everything (except for subscribe, unsubscribe, etc).

Alternatively, for external solutions, I might have some time to build a
scraper that pulls from MARC.info or something and builds an RSS feed for
you to import out of the old threads.  For current stuff, we'd probably want
something posting (on the backend) that is subscribed to the list directly
and reading its mbox.

Of course that's for the simple case of just dumping them to a single
subforum.  Are we going to try to do complete replication?  I mean post all
forum posts to the list and then therefore maintain replies between them, or
just a one-to-one subforum?  I am for the one-to-one mapping based on a love
for simple machines, and that it's easy to decouple the forum and mailing
list if necessary.

Any of these rediculous meanderings making sense?

- Merlin