Module Question

gerryw nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Nov 9 23:10:42 MSK 2009

Hi,

I considered FastCGI, but I'm interested in a self contained solution. There would be very little difference in the code between both approaches and I didn't see the point in pushing it out to FastCGI. After looking at the FastCGI module, it's looks like the code I outlined will work. The main issue seems to be returning control to nginx as soon as possible. Whether the threads are running from nginx or a separate FastCGI process should make little difference from a system/performance perspective. The self contained solution would be much easier to configure/run. Does anyone see any issues with the module based approach?

Thanks,
-G

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,21573,21600#msg-21600