I'm confused about the parameter in http{} , my example is here

rollingsun nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Nov 28 09:57:58 MSK 2009

this config is from a  nginx + tomcat5  website ,

server based on
system : redhat linux
cpu*8 :     ( Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU   E5310  @ 1.60GHz )
mem  :  8G

 I don't know how to use these parameters well . and what else should I add ? maybe I added something  excess  ?
can I find some books to learn about all the parameters and the numerical value ?

worker_rlimit_nofile 655350;
events {
        use epoll;
#       worker_connections  8192;
        worker_connections  51200;
}
http {
        include       mime.types;
        default_type  application/octet-stream;

        server_names_hash_bucket_size 128;

        client_header_buffer_size 32k;
        large_client_header_buffers 4 32k;

        access_log  off;
        server_tokens off;

        sendfile         on;
        send_timeout     3m;
        tcp_nopush       on;
       keepalive_timeout 65;

        expires           30m;
        tcp_nodelay on;

        gzip  on;
        gzip_comp_level 2;
       gzip_proxied any;
        gzip_types       text/plain application/x-javascript text/css text/html application/xml;
        gzip_min_length  1100;
        gzip_buffers     4 8k;
        gzip_http_version 1.1;
        output_buffers  1 32k;
        postpone_output  1460;

        reset_timedout_connection  on;
        client_max_body_size 30m;
        client_body_buffer_size 256k;
        client_body_temp_path /web/nginx/client_body_temp;
        proxy_temp_path /web/nginx/proxy_temp;
        proxy_hide_header Cache-Control;

server {

also the tomcat config is here