cgi.fix_pathinfo

Rob Schultz rschultz7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 03:17:33 MSD 2009

You can turn force_redirect off. This setting has no effect on nginx
when using the php as a fastcgi instance. here is more information
http://www.php.net/manual/en/security.cgi-bin.force-redirect.php
It is designed to prevent someone from calling your CGI binary
directly from a url like http://somedomain.com/cgi-bin/php/path/to/script.php
  where that would execute PHP directly. Instead this option makes teh
cgi binary require a redirect on the server side.