ipv4 & ipv6 Virtual Hosting - address in use

David J. david at styleflare.com
Wed Dec 1 22:24:24 MSK 2010

I have latest nginx configured;

I have one that is purely ipv6 and one that is purely ipv4;

They both work fine in a multi-server environment;

server {
         listen          80;
#       listen       [::]:80 ipv6only=on;

         server_name  domain1.com;

         #charset koi8-r;

         #access_log  logs/host.access.log  main;

         location / {
             root   html;
             index  index.html index.htm;

server {
         listen          80;
#       listen       [::]:80 ipv6only=on;

         server_name  domain2.com;

         #charset koi8-r;

         #access_log  logs/host.access.log  main;

         location / {
             root   html;
             index  index.html index.htm;

If I un-comment to bind to ipv6 as well as ipv4; when nginx starts it
complains the address is in use;

I saw a patch for this here is the post;

But according to that post it has been included in 8.39 I am using 8.53