Nginx + Thin cluster of 3. Which Thin took the request?

comopasta Gr lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Feb 17 13:37:03 MSK 2010

Hi again,

Thanks for the hints. I was trying to use $upstream_http_... but that
didn't print out anything.

This is all in development environment so no big loads or anything. Just
testing the setup.

I actually managed to verify that the cluster is operative. By checking
with Process.pid that I get responses from the three pids that belong to
each server of the cluster.

But I would guess that Nginx should know to which app server is
forwarding the request (?) I a more friendly way...

Cheers.