Unable to use CHIVE MySQL database management tool

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Oct 15 14:51:55 MSD 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 04:17:27AM -0400, spacereactor wrote:

Hi there,

> I try to create subdomain for Chive. but it doesn't to work. Cant access
> database at all.

What does "doesn't work" mean?

Do you see a HTTP 500 error, or a HTTP 404 error, or something else?

When I un-tar the chive distribution,

  curl -i http://localhost/chive

gives a 301 redirect to http://localhost/chive/, and then

  curl -i http://localhost/chive/

gives a 301 redirect to http://localhost/chive/index.php/site/login,
and then using something like your config

  curl -i http://localhost/chive/index.php/site/login

gives a 404 error, which I guess is what you see?

The 404 is because "location ~ \.php$" does not match requests which
include a PATH_INFO part (anything after .php that does not start with
"?").

> 	location ~ \.php$ {
> 	fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
> 	fastcgi_index index.php;
> 	fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
> /srv/www/subdomain.com/public_html$fastcgi_script_name;
> 	include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
>     }

When I switch to using a config like

        location ~ ^/chive/.*\.php(/|$) {
                fastcgi_split_path_info (.*\.php)(.*);
                fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
                fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
                fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
                include fastcgi_params;
        }

then accessing http://localhost/chive still brings me to
http://localhost/chive/index.php/site/login, but this time it shows a
"login" form asking for a username and password.

I haven't tried accessing a database yet, but maybe the config above
will help you to get further.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org