Unable to use CHIVE MySQL database management tool

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Oct 15 15:32:28 MSD 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:51:55AM +0100, Francis Daly wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 04:17:27AM -0400, spacereactor wrote:

Hi there,

> > I try to create subdomain for Chive. but it doesn't to work. Cant access
> > database at all.

[...]

> I haven't tried accessing a database yet, but maybe the config above
> will help you to get further.

Oh, and before you expose this to the world, you should incorporate at
least the protections that the chive distribution does for apache. I see
four .htaccess files which say "deny from all", plus one which includes
some RewriteRule lines.

So there's almost certainly more configuration needed before everything
works sanely.

All the best,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org