Missing directives in English docs

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Dec 2 09:32:04 UTC 2011

Hello!

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 12:21:04PM +0300, Nginx User wrote:

> Just noticed that the "merge_slashes" core directive according to the
> Russian docs is not present in the English docs.

Both Russian and English docs have merge_slashes directive

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#merge_slashes
http://nginx.org/ru/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#merge_slashes

> I notice that there are always links to "original documentation" in
> the english language section.

You are probably talking about wiki, not docs.

> 1. Are the Russian docs the actual official ones? I.E., the English

We are currently working on official English translation.  Already
translated parts are at nginx.org/en/docs/.

> ones are just there as a convenience provision to help out those of us
> that do not speak Russian but are on a "use at your own risk" basis?

It's a wiki.

> 2. Should I start learning Russian?

It's not something required, but you may want to. :)

> Спасибо

Пожалуйста.