turn off warning message on nginx

Jérôme Loyet jerome at loyet.net
Wed Feb 9 23:35:38 MSK 2011

2011/2/9 Michael Shadle <mike503 at gmail.com>:
> 2011/2/9 Jérôme Loyet <jerome at loyet.net>:
>> Revision 298383, on Fri Apr 23 16:05:52 2010 UTC. see bug 51595
>
> Is it in a specific PHP version (5.3.3, 5.3.4, 5.3.5)? Sorry if I'm
> not savvy parsing through the logs to determine when it got committed.
> I'd like to blog about this so more people know about it (including
> myself :))

since the first PHP FPM official version  as it's been commited in april. CQFD

> PHP_ADMIN_VALUE technically allows any PHP_INI_SYSTEM overrides as
> well so in theory *any* ini value can be altered between
> PHP_ADMIN_VALUE and PHP_VALUE right?
>
> (at that point I don't see the need to differentiate really - why
> differentiate between admin and user ini values at the webserver
> level...)

for the same reasons they both exist on apache module (SYSTEM -->
don't let ini_set() function to change the value, USER --> to let
ini_set() to change the value)

> Would it be possible to make an array style mechanism like:
>
> fastcgi_param PHP_INI_OVERRIDE[] foo=bar;
> fastcgi_param PHP_INI_OVERRIDE[] "open_basedir=/var/www/htdocs";
> fastcgi_param PHP_INI_OVERRIDE[] "pcre.backtrack_limit=424242";
>
> (I don't know if nginx has this capability or not, but could make it a
> bit easier to configure)

It's not possible. It's a limitation on the fastcgi protocol which
admit each keys only once. (or I missed something)