SSL & Nginx

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Mon Jan 3 13:29:00 MSK 2011

SSL & NginxHi,

> The upstream needed is provided in the config, here is the problem. We use
> the config IP multiple times with different certificates and different
> server_name variables. Last Friday we’ve noticed that the certificate wasn’t
> working well in IE7/8/9. Is this a known problem or am I doing something
> wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication

TL;DR: Your setup doesn't work for clients that use Windows XP, but it works
for clients that use Windows Vista or 7. If you want SSL to work for
everybody, then you need to use separate IP address for each certificate.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >