Check for existing remote files

mignev nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Jan 13 12:59:49 MSK 2011

Hi.
First thanks for the critique. Such types of solutions are many, but I
don't want such solution. In my case i have over a million images of
which i don't know the name or their existence. I want to try for
existence of requested file and if he is found then return to me. If the
requested file is not exist go to my proxy_pass $mybackend; and  he will
generate and upload it. WIth this idea i want to skip database layer. I
have some ideas how i can do that but firstly i want to hear your
feedback about that.

10x once again for your advice :)

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,165799,165808#msg-165808