forward arguments in upload module

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Jun 13 22:20:40 MSD 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 02:12:12AM -0400, vetri wrote:

Hi there,

>          i am sending my key=value through
> http://localhost:8085/zsupload?filename=run.txt&content-type=txt&checksum="6454456456"

It is *possible* to POST to a url with a query string, but it is
unusual. And I believe that the upload module doesn't automatically
process the query string for you.

The right thing for you to do is probably to send all of these key-value
pairs within the body of the POST request, and just let the upload module
do what it is good at.

> by turning upload_pass_args on,i could not notify the path which is
> /home/vetriselvanm/Desktop/upload/0000000001 to backend  and that is the
> path where file is stored. but i used that upload_set_form_field  what u
> specified above didnt work .i could not recieve the notification at

If you really want to POST with a query string, then you'll want
something like

    upload_set_form_field filename $arg_filename;

in the nginx config.

Note that this will cause nginx to send the key-value pair in the body
of the POST request it makes to the backend, not in the query string.

> backend.if i want to send the
> path=/home/vetriselvanm/Desktop/upload/0000000001 to the backend how
> could i use this paerfectly or do have to enable any other module?

You don't need any module at all, you just need a working form handler
as the backend.

But it is useful to use the upload module, to make the backend form
handler simpler.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org