Easiest way to use nginx with Python (Django)?

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Fri Jun 17 17:40:24 MSD 2011

> For a while now, I've been using nginx with great success as a remote
> proxy server in front of Tomcat, and also in front of PHP via fastcgi.
> It's likely that I will require to use it in front of a Django Python
> web application soon, and I'm just wondering what the easiest way of
> doing this is likely to be. I've read about a number of different ways
> of doing this but what I'm most interested in is ease of setup - the
> last ounce of performance isn't that critical. Keen to hear from anybody
> who's done this.
>
> John

[DISCLAIMER: i am the uWSGI author, so you can trust me as i am
auto-losing a potential new customer :P]

If simplicity is your primary target, gunicorn is for sure the best way to
go:

http://gunicorn.org/

it does only one thing and it does it well (and is written in python).

If in the future you need a more advanced platform you can look at uWSGI.

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it