HTTPS - NGINX with Passenger webservers behind F5 load balancer

Jarek Zmudzinski lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Mar 10 11:29:40 MSK 2011

Jeffrey Lim wrote in post #986479:

> but you could also (and should) redirect to https instead?

Yeah, but this way I would still have to setup nginx to listen on 443
and include ssl_certificate on NGINX webservers. This would result in
secure communication on port 443 between F5 LB and NGINX webservers. I
don't want that.

What I would like is to NGINX listen to https:// on port 80 this way any
https request to F5 LB could still be taken care of by NGINX listening
on port 80 without being redirected to http. But I am afraid it's not
possible.