[Cherokee] Benchmarks of cherokee vs nginx

Tony Zakula tonyzakula at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:25:19 MSD 2011

I am not complaining about OpenVZ.  I deploy servers on a regular
basis using OpenVZ.  I also deploy using KVM, and others.  There is a
massive difference between OpenVZ and KVM in implementation, system
stability, etc.  They are entirely different animals.  You cannot
discount the hypervisor.  The hypervisor can make or break your
application depending on how you're application is structured.  For
instance, Java apps run great on KVM hypervisors, but really poor if
at all on OpenVZ unless you tune the OpenVZ instance to meet your Java
apps needs.  The reason for that is the way Java handles memory.
Threads is another big issue hypervisors. To say that the hypervisor
has no effect on application performance is not accurate at all.

Tony