Configuring phpmyadmin

Igor Sysoev igor at sysoev.ru
Wed May 25 18:00:48 MSD 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 02:56:07PM +0100, Dick Middleton wrote:
> On 05/25/11 12:58, Trazzt wrote:
> > I really appreciate your help, but PHP is still not working
> > This is how my phpmyadmin configuration file looks like after all your
> > edits:
> > ________________________
> > server{
> >      listen 80;
> >      server_name phpmyadmin;
> >      access_log /var/log/phpmyadmin.access_log;
> >      error_log /var/log/phpmyadmin.error_log;
> >
> >      location / {
> >      return 404;
> >        }
> >
> >      location /phpmyadmin {
> >      root /usr/share;
> >      index index.php;
> >        }
> >
> >      location ~ ^/phpmyadmin/.+\.php$ {
> >      fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
> >      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME /usr/share$fastcgi_script_name;
> >      include fastcgi_params;
> >        }
> >    }
>
> I'm not sure which location /phpmyadmin/ is served from.  If it's the
> first, as I suspect, then there's no way index.php is going to be processed.
>
> I would use:
>
>      location /phpmyadmin {
> 	index index.php;
>
>         location  ~ \.php$ {
>         }
>      }
>
> No?

Yes, inclusive "location  ~ \.php$" is much better than configuration
I suggested.

However, my configuration should also work, since /phpmyadmin/ is
internally redirected to /phpmyadmin/index.php, see for details:
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/request_processing.html#simple_php_site_configuration

--
Igor Sysoev