Configuring phpmyadmin

Trazzt nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed May 25 18:38:56 MSD 2011

Igor Sysoev Wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 02:56:07PM +0100, Dick
> Middleton wrote:
> > On 05/25/11 12:58, Trazzt wrote:
> > > I really appreciate your help, but PHP is
> still not working
> > > This is how my phpmyadmin configuration file
> looks like after all your
> > > edits:
> > > ________________________
> > > server{
> > >      listen 80;
> > >      server_name phpmyadmin;
> > >      access_log
> /var/log/phpmyadmin.access_log;
> > >      error_log /var/log/phpmyadmin.error_log;
> > >
> > >      location / {
> > >      return 404;
> > >        }
> > >
> > >      location /phpmyadmin {
> > >      root /usr/share;
> > >      index index.php;
> > >        }
> > >
> > >      location ~ ^/phpmyadmin/.+\.php$ {
> > >      fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
> > >      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
> /usr/share$fastcgi_script_name;
> > >      include fastcgi_params;
> > >        }
> > >    }
> >
> > I'm not sure which location /phpmyadmin/ is
> served from.  If it's the
> > first, as I suspect, then there's no way
> index.php is going to be processed.
> >
> > I would use:
> >
> >      location /phpmyadmin {
> > 	index index.php;
> >
> >         location  ~ \.php$ {
> >         }
> >      }
> >
> > No?
>
> Yes, inclusive "location  ~ \.php$" is much better
> than configuration
> I suggested.
>
> However, my configuration should also work, since
> /phpmyadmin/ is
> internally redirected to /phpmyadmin/index.php,
> see for details:
> http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/request_processing.h
> tml#simple_php_site_configuration
>

> --
> Igor Sysoev

I'm trying to explain to you why I can't debug the file, but the forum
says
Possible hack attempt detected. The posted form data was rejected.

I'm having trouble running the "./configure" command, when I try to run
it in terminal

When I uninstalled nginx, somehow apache2 started, while I never
installed apache2
I couldn't uninstall apache, because only the apache2 service was on my
pc, and no installation files.

Maybe this is causing the nginx errors.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,200488,200779#msg-200779