Accessing binary blob data in MySQL backend

csg nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue May 31 18:48:50 MSD 2011

SplitIce Wrote:
> The largest
> disadvantage is the size of the table.

This can be easily avoided by sharding the data into many tables,
accessing it per modulo operation on the numerical key.

> Oh and JSON
> can be binary safe if
> implmented correctly with correct escape
> sequences, yes?

But this would require -- if I am not mistaken -- to touch all data end
encode it with Base64 (or similar) which gives you computation and data
capacity overhead. Additionally this would require changes to
application which we are trying to avoid. Some component inbetwen like
MySQL Proxy might be able to workaround this, but this increases latency
which is also not desired.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,202577,202651#msg-202651