Accessing binary blob data in MySQL backend

csg nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue May 31 19:24:41 MSD 2011

Igor Sysoev Wrote:
> If perfomance is the key, you should use a file
> system.
> Or you believe that reading from MySQL is magic
> zero transportation ? :)

For sure not, and I didn't say so. But instead of bringing yet another
software component into play and entering a semi-flameware about the
pros and cons to store blobs in databases (there are already so many on
the net, and I am looking for information I couldn't find on the net) I
had rather hoped to get some background information about RDS (is there
some spec somewhere?) and why the use of the database modules for Nginx
for lua-nginx more or less enforces the use of JSON. There might be some
valid points for this design decision and I would be interested to hear
about them. It is also unclear to me if accessing the RDS data directly
from lua-nginx is possible. Any ideas on that more than welcome :-)

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,202577,202661#msg-202661