proxy_store HEAD

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Thu Nov 10 14:27:14 UTC 2011

Hello,
is there a (simple) way to make 'proxy_store on' store the files also on HEAD requests instead of just returning the response from
upstream?

I understand the reasons behind the current behaviour but I'm trying to build some sort of synchronisation between few nginx boxes
without the need to actually download the files to the client - so far the only option seems to use 'proxy_ignore_client_abort' make
a GET request and forcefully abort it (since even ranged 1 byte requests don't store the file on the "proxying" host).

p.s. it seems that wiki is a bit outdated and 'proxy_cache_methods' is deprecated/notexisting at least in 1.1.x tree

rr