Nginx NAS serving large files

Andrew Alexeev andrew at nginx.com
Tue Oct 25 08:23:54 UTC 2011

Graham,

Forgive my ignorance, what's "port 182" in your original email?

In your tests did you use a single nginx instance and a single Apache against that 1 logical disk on Netapp?

Can you show sections on nginx configuration relevant to disk operations (also, how many workers per nginx server)?

Do you use any specific tunables to adjust the network settings for Netapp?

How many files on Netapp partition?

What's your OS?