Upgrade From Fedora 15 to 17: nginx Doesn't Work

ptiseo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jun 5 01:45:36 UTC 2012

@steve: nginx seems to attract the hostile and malpadapted? I've seen
more arrogant a**es in this forum than most other places. You guys need
to relax; it's just software. No need for you to go nuts like that. It
just shows badly on you.

The reason I restore from backup is because I needed that proxy online
for development. And, I have used Linux for a while that can be counted
in more than months. Do you know what they say about "assume"?

I did Google. I saw that worked for some and not for others. I tried it,
it didn't work for me. My file-max setting was already some 200K.

So, let me ask this, why would I need to increase open file limit
anyways? This is a low traffic proxy.

@BR: Thanks for not being as bad as steve. I did notice that Fedora does
not have an up-to-date package. For now, I will stay with the backup and
spin up another virtual machine to see if I can test further.

If anyone has any other ideas than the first 20 Google hits, I'd love to
hear of them. Thx.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,227162,227165#msg-227165