SOLVED: Re: Running mailman within a domain

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Jun 14 21:59:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 05:14:26PM +0200, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> * Sergey Budnevitch <nginx at nginx.org>:

Hi there,

> > Please comment string
> > fastcgi_param   SCRIPT_FILENAME         $request_filename;
> >
> > in /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params and reload nginx
>
> Sergey, you just made my day. Thank you! Everything works now as expected.

If I read it right, that suggests that your fastcgi server pays attention
to the first SCRIPT_FILENAME parameter it gets, in contrast to the php
built-in fastcgi server which pays attention to the last one it gets.

So an alternative config could have been to use the original
fastcgi_params file; but to add your own SCRIPT_FILENAME line above,
rather than below, the include line.

What you have now, sending exactly one fastcgi SCRIPT_FILENAME parameter,
is best because it should work for any fastcgi server.

(Your original config might have worked if you used a different fastcgi
server.)

All the best,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org