Questions about fair_upstream module

Davide D'Amico davide.damico at contactlab.com
Wed Mar 14 10:18:09 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm actually serving pages using nginx-1.0.13 on fbsd-8.2 amd64 with 3
backends (fbsd-8.2 amd64 with apache-2.2.22) and I'm using the default rr
upstream algorithm.

I am trying to switch to an algorithm different from rr, and I am thinking
to the fair upstream module.

Well, the homepage of the project seems quite old (and so it's ticketing
system: http://nginx.localdomain.pl/report/6) and that's not a good
starting point :)

Anyway, "googling" around searching for tips and use cases, I found:
http://affectioncode.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/comparing-nginx-and-haproxy-for-web-applications/

that seems a very old post.

Does anyone use fair-upstream module in production? Any hints or tips
before trying it?

Differences between fair-module and haproxy?

Thanks in advance,

--
d.