Configuring nginx as mail proxy

useopenid nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Nov 3 00:11:19 UTC 2012

I am looking at proxying to google as well, and thus need SSL on the
backside (and would like it on general principles for other cases as well),
however it does not appear that nginx supports this.  I would expect this to
be the default if an incoming connection is using ssl, or, at the very
least, specified in the protocol parameter in the server {} block (e.g.
pop3s, imaps, smtps or smtp-starttls).  Neither appears to be the case, nor
do I see any options that suggest the ability to enable it in some other
way...

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,232147,232466#msg-232466