proxy_next_upstream, only "connect" timeout?, try 2

mauro76 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Nov 26 12:16:32 UTC 2012

I'm interested on the subject.
On my current set up, I'm using the timeout option to make sure the request
is passed to the next upstream if the first server is down.
If the request is hanging, it's possible the request coming in is a bad
request, which could slow down the full cluster.
I would like to go to the next upstream only on connection timeout.
I wonder if you could provide two additional options, "read_timeout" and
"connect_timeout", leaving "timeout" unchanged.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,227552,233222#msg-233222