Multilanguage Websites

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Jan 2 15:05:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 03:26:14PM +0100, Silvio Siefke wrote:

Hi there,

> ok i have make with PHP a Redirect from Accept Language. It's running
> perfect and was easy. How do I make the best with nginx? For each site
> a server? In the webroot subfolder is that the solution? How can I best
> be used to ensure that the search engines are also satisfied.

It's good that you got the nginx-related part working -- deciding to use
external code for the redirect, and using fasctcgi_pass or proxy_pass
or whichever you chose.

For the questions in this mail, you'll probably get better answers from
a list which deals with that topic.

"better answers" really means "when one person gives bad advice, others
are knowledgeable and interested enough to correct it".

nginx.conf can handle each of http://language1.example.org/ and
http://www.example.org/language1/ as easily as the other, so there's no
"best" from an nginx perspective.

Good luck with it,