Primary script unknown error - can't figure out how to fix

Patrick Lists nginx-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 8 21:39:48 UTC 2013

On 01/08/2013 09:09 PM, Francis Daly wrote:
[snip]
> Set "root" correctly in the nginx config. (Which is more or less the
> same as "set the directory name correctly in the filesystem".)

Thanks Francis. Another sharp pair of eyes and mine not so much. The
error was introduced when redacting the configs to protect the innocent.
The root in piwik.conf points correctly to the actual location of the
site in /usr/share/nginx. I also tried turning off SELinux but that did
not make a difference.

I can make it work when I chmod all files to 644 and all directories to
755. But I do not understand why that is. If nginx and php-fpm are
running as nginx/ningx shouldn't both be able to handle files & dirs
owned by nginx/nginx with mode 640 and mode 750?

Regards,
Patrick