Nginx, PHP, Wordpress, VirtualBox

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Thu Jan 10 23:40:54 UTC 2013

Dunno if anyone's running anything similar.  I recently shifted to Nginx
from Cherokee - and in so doing I setup a virtual server using
VirtualBox to run it in.  My primary use is for serving a pair of
Wordpress sites.

This is not (currently) a high-traffic server - but I do want it to run
well regardless.  My current configuration for the virtual hardware is 1
CPU and 1G RAM.  Nginx (obviously) is installed, as is php-fpm.  Mysql
is running on the host - both host & guest are Ubuntu.

Generally, of that 1G I see half in-use, a quarter cached, and a quarter
free.  So my first reaction is I don't THINK I'm starving the VM for RAM
- but maybe I'm missing something.

I generally don't seeing anything actively running except for php during
a request - which hits 25% usage.

Any suggestions for modifying my virtual or nginx config?  Or do I need
to focus on Wordpress caching?
--
Daniel