答复: Not logging access to favicon.ico

卫越 weiyue at taobao.com
Wed Jan 23 03:34:46 UTC 2013

You can try ngx_log_if module

https://github.com/cfsego/ngx_log_if

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: nginx-bounces at nginx.org [mailto:nginx-bounces at nginx.org] 代表 Mik J
发送时间: 2013年1月18日 16:01
收件人: nginx at nginx.org
主题: Re: Not logging access to favicon.ico

----- Mail original -----

> De : Jonathan Matthews <contact at jpluscplusm.com>
>
> On 17 January 2013 22:53, Agus <agus.262 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  location is only available in server block. Though you could create a file
>>  with the location /favicon... and then include it in every server block
>>  which will save you typing.
> ... I use this, and include it in every server{} stanza:
>
> location /favico {
>   access_log off;
>   error_log /dev/null crit;
>   empty_gif;
> }

Thank you guys, so I'll put a somilar configuration as below for all my virtual hosts:
# cat /etc/nginx/sites-available/default
server {
        listen 80 default_server;
        server_name _;
        index index.html;
        root /var/nginx/html;
        access_log /var/log/nginx/default.access.log;

        location /favico {
        access_log off;
        error_log /dev/null crit;
        empty_gif;

I was wondering that since this "location" block (and probably other settings) is going to be repeated in every one of my virtual hosts there would be a was to configure this globally.
I don't have any server stanza since I use include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;
I'll do as Jonathan says except if someone has another suggestion.
Bye