Nginx upstream servers status

Sandeep L sandeepvreddy at outlook.com
Thu Jul 4 05:39:13 UTC 2013

Hi,
After experimenting with some parameters I used following configuration.
        upstream appcluster {                server host1.example.com:8080 max_fails=1 fail_timeout=1s;                server host2.example.com:8080 max_fails=1 fail_timeout=1s;        }        server {                listen *;                location / {                        proxy_pass  http://appcluster;                        proxy_next_upstream error timeout http_404 http_500 http_502 http_503 http_504;                        proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;                        proxy_connect_timeout      2;                        proxy_send_timeout         2;                        proxy_read_timeout         5;                }        }
The issue I am facing here is - with similar configuration in lighttpd response time per request 0.3 seconds, where as with nginx it is around 2.5 seconds.
Can someone suggest me how to response time with nginx?
Thanks,Sandeep.