Possible to have a limit_req "nodelay burst" option?

ppy nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Jul 4 16:03:54 UTC 2013

I have to agree with this completely. In fact, I thought this was the
intended behaviour of the "burst" argument, and it wasn't until further
testing that I realised its true meaning.

I am looking for the exact same behaviour here – to allow *actual* burst
requests before the delay starts to kick in. The eventual 503 is not
necessary. I believe this is a very common scenario and it would likely
benefit a lot of others looking for the same kind of thing.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238389,240585#msg-240585