connect() to 127.0.0.1:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address

Atul Bansal oceanofweb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 03:21:52 UTC 2013

*httpd.conf*
#
# Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
# ports, in addition to the default. See also the <VirtualHost>
# directive.
#
# Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
# prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
#
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen [::]:80 default_server ipv6only=on;

*default.conf*
#
# The default server
#
server {
    listen       80 default_server;
    server_name  domain.com www.domain.com;

    #charset koi8-r;

    #access_log  logs/host.access.log  main;

    location / {
        root   /usr/share/nginx/html;
        index  index.html index.htm index.php;
    }

    error_page  404              /404.html;
    location = /404.html {
        root   /usr/share/nginx/html;
    }

    # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
    #
    error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
    location = /50x.html {
        root   /usr/share/nginx/html;
    }

    # proxy the PHP scripts to Apache listening on 127.0.0.1:80
    #
    location ~ \.php$ {
        proxy_pass   http://127.0.0.1;
    }

    # pass the PHP scripts to FastCGI server listening on 127.0.0.1:9000
    #
    location ~ \.php$ {
        root           html;
        fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
        fastcgi_index  index.php;
        fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  /scripts$fastcgi_script_name;
        include        fastcgi_params;
    }

    # deny access to .htaccess files, if Apache's document root
    # concurs with nginx's one
    #
    #location ~ /\.ht {
    #    deny  all;
    #}

*nginx.conf*
# For more information on configuration, see:
#   * Official English Documentation: http://nginx.org/en/docs/
#   * Official Russian Documentation: http://nginx.org/ru/docs/

user              nginx;
worker_processes  4;

# set open fd limit to 30000
worker_rlimit_nofile 30000;

error_log  /var/log/nginx/error.log;
#error_log  /var/log/nginx/error.log  notice;
#error_log  /var/log/nginx/error.log  info;

pid        /var/run/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  63000;
}

http {
    include       /etc/nginx/mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;

    log_format  main  '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] "$request"
'
                      '$status $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
                      '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"';

    access_log  /var/log/nginx/access.log  main;

    sendfile        on;
    #tcp_nopush     on;

    #keepalive_timeout  0;
    keepalive_timeout  65;

    #gzip  on;

    # Load config files from the /etc/nginx/conf.d directory
    # The default server is in conf.d/default.conf
    include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 5:56 AM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe at elevated-dev.com>wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2013, at 5:12 PM, Atul Bansal wrote:
>
> > I dont know what i am doing :(
>
> Everybody's got to start from 0 some time...
>
> > As I said, i did what i mentioned above and now I just need to test what
> I am doing.... I referred google for setup..
>
> I think you need to include your config file in your next message.
>
> > After installing php mysql nginx... I just echoed some text and it gives
> me this error in log files
>
> You need to be more clear about what you're trying to do and how,
> step-by-step. (There are lots of ways to do things, maybe more than you
> know and that's why you're assuming you know what we mean by "run php" or
> "echo text"...)
>

> --
> Scott Ribe
> scott_ribe at elevated-dev.com