kerberos

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 07:18:16 UTC 2013

This is a long time coming - I wanted to reply, I funded a project to try
to get GSSAPI/SPNEGO support into nginx.

The developer didn't know Kerberos nor nginx - but tried his best to get it
to work.

I could never get it to work, but my company's AD/Kerberos setup is
confusing even for an Apache setup (especially since I do not have admin
access to the domain and such)

Anyway, that code is up here, no idea if it works with newer versions of
nginx.
https://github.com/mike503/spnego-http-auth-nginx-module

and a bunch of forks, but nobody is very vocal about this functionality
with nginx sadly.
https://github.com/mike503/spnego-http-auth-nginx-module/network

One of the more active forks is here:
https://github.com/stnoonan/spnego-http-auth-nginx-module

I'd love to see this get further developed/tested/etc. - if anyone has done
this successfully, what their configs look like, OS, keytabs, whatever
else... because I'd like to *use* it :)

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Friedrich Locke <friedrich.locke at gmail.com