Server Status ?

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Thu Jun 20 14:13:02 UTC 2013

> But according to me and my team (and many other admins as far as i can
> see), something important is really missing to push it in production. This
> is the "extended status" (i mean something like the apache server-status)

What are the "important" things in the "extended status" that you miss for
the production use?

Combined with the php-fpm own status ( pm.status_path ) you can get pretty
much all the vital metrics the only exception being the list of current
active request URLs and even then the problematic ones can be logged with
the php-fpm's slow log (request_slowlog_timeout).

> So my question is: Do you think that nginx dev team could do something in
> that way? i think it will be a much better improvment than getting stuff
> like SPDY or other experimental things.

So to answer your question - while the dev team of nginx could probably work
on more visually appealing status page (as far as I know it's on TODO list
and you can always speed up theese things by either contributing the code
yourself or using the nginx commercial support (nginx.com)) these
"experimental things" are what have made nginx one of the fastest and
feature richest webserver.

rr

rr