404s logged in error.log?

Daniel Black daniel.black at openquery.com
Sat May 18 03:23:21 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> I might have misread the two answers here, but I get the impression
> that
> they're saying the exact opposite of each other.

If you analysed the responses and what you have I suspect you would of realised that I was in error and the information you have and the directive highlighted by Piotr gives you the ability to manipulate the logging to what you want.

A misconfigure assessment depends on what you want. The logs highlight that 404 do appear in the error log though this doesn't need to be the case ( http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#log_not_found )