nginx 1.4.1 + 'gzip on' causes download of file instead of displaying it in browser

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue May 28 10:33:03 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 04:52:14AM -0400, gadh wrote:

> i found the bug - the web server returned in "Content-Type" header just
> "text/html" and not added "charset=UTF-8".
> why text/html is not enough ?

For nginx, there should be no difference.  But it looks like you
are debugging complete system which includes backend software,
nginx and a browser.

If you think that the problem is in nginx - first of all I would
recommend you to look into debug log.  See
http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html for details.

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html