Help needed with config

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Nov 4 19:01:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 05:37:15PM +0000, Ian Hobson wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm baffled. What I want to do is to serve static and php files from one
> root if they exist there, and
> from another if they don't, and give a 404 error if the file is in
> neither location. I have the following config file.

> It gives me "No input file specified. " for *all* inputs - and I mean
> all. Files in $centralroot,
> files in $resellerroot, files in neither, static files, and php files.
>
> Why?   What am I doing silly???

Not using that config file, that server block, or that nginx?

> I'm using nginx 1.2.6, compiled with the Comet module included.

With

$ sbin/nginx -V
nginx version: nginx/1.2.6
built by gcc 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)
configure arguments: --with-debug --add-module=../nginx_http_push_module-0.692/

it happily serves local files and php scripts for me.

What does the debug log say is happening, when you use "curl" to access
one specific url?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org