ssl on different servers

dossi nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Oct 2 01:18:22 UTC 2013

Hi,
My domain.com is on ip: x.x.x.x
where I have a configuration like:

server {
   server_name  sub.domain.com;
   location / {

      proxy_pass http://y.y.y.y;

      proxy_set_header Host $host;

On ip y.y.y.y my configuration is:

server {
   server_name  sub.domain.com;
   location / {

      proxy_pass http://localhost:8080;

      proxy_set_header Host $host;

That's fine!

But...

I'm trying to add ssl support, I bought a wildcard certificate but
unfortunately I'm struggling with the configuration.

I changed the config on x.x.x.x:

server {
   server_name  sub.domain.com;
   location / {
      proxy_pass http://y.y.y.y;

      proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;

      proxy_set_header Host $host;
 listen 443;
 ssl_certificate ssl.crt;
 ssl_certificate_key my.key;
}

and I changed the config on y.y.y.y:

server {
   server_name  sub.domain.com;
   location / {
      proxy_pass http://localhost:8080;
      proxy_set_header Host $host;

       listen 443 ssl;
       ssl_certificate      ssl.crt;
       ssl_certificate_key  my.key;
}

I also tried other configuration, but I cannot make it working.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks

Dossi

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,243340,243340#msg-243340