proxy_pass_header not working in 1.6.0

Lucas Rolff lucas at slcoding.com
Tue Jul 1 04:57:47 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I'm currently running nginx version 1.6.0 (after upgrading from 1.4.4).

Sadly I've found out, after upgrading proxy_pass_header seems to stop
working, meaning no headers is passed from the upstream at all, I've
tried setting caching headers, expires headers, removing ETag etc but
nothing seems to go through.

I then wanted to test it, on other machines, because it could be a
faulty installation, but I can replicate it on 3 different machines, I'm
always getting my releases from https://github.com/nginx/nginx/releases.

My config looks as following:

https://gist.github.com/lucasRolff/c4a359d93b5906678a23

Do you guys know what can be wrong, and if there is a fix for it in any
newer version of nginx, or if I should downgrade to 1.4.4 again (Where I
know it's working at least).

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lucas Rolff