Download full mp4 file with proxy_cache or proxy_store !!

Roman Arutyunyan arut at nginx.com
Mon Jun 23 12:22:29 UTC 2014

On 19 Jun 2014, at 10:12, shahzaib shahzaib <shahzaib.cb at gmail.com> wrote:

>       we're using two servers (one proxy and one backend). Proxy server is using proxy_cache to cache mp4 files from backend server and working fine. When i stream a full video from cache, the header response gives me the cache-status: HIT but whenever i seek the mp4 file i.e http://url/test.mp4?start=33 , the Cache-status changes to : MISS . Does that mean, the proxy server is again downloading the same file after the 33 seconds ?

Since default proxy_cache_key has $args in it, your second request has a different cache key, so the
file is downloaded again.

Moreover the mp4 module does not work over proxy cache.  That means even if you fix the cache key issue
mp4 seeking will not work.  You need to have a local mp4 file to be able to seek mp4 like that.