ASP.NET pages with nginx

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun Mar 2 13:10:08 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 05:32:43AM -0500, pumiz wrote:

[...]

> and the output I get is

> No Application Found
>
> Unable to find a matching application for request:
>
> Host	10.75.2.5
> Port	80
> Request Path	/Default.aspx
> Physical Path	/home/pi/var/www/Default.aspx
>

> Please find below all my files.
> Could you please help me to find out what i am missing to get this simple
> page up and running?
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> my /etc/nginx/sites-available/default file is as follows:
>
> server {
>         listen 80;
>         server_name localhost;
>
>         location /{
>                 root /home/pi/var/www/;
>                 index index.html index.htm default.aspx Default.aspx;
>
>                 include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
>                 fastcgi_index Default.aspx;
>                 fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
>         }
> }
>
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________
> my /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params:
>
> fastcgi_param   QUERY_STRING            $query_string;
> fastcgi_param   REQUEST_METHOD          $request_method;
> fastcgi_param   CONTENT_TYPE            $content_type;
> fastcgi_param   CONTENT_LENGTH          $content_length;
>
> fastcgi_param   SCRIPT_FILENAME         $request_filename;

[...]

> fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME    $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

In your fastcgi_params the SCRIPT_FILENAME param is set multiple
times, and at least one of the values ($request_filename) is
wrong for the configuration used.

I would recommend you to revert all the modifications to
fastcgi_params, and use

    root /home/pi/var/www/;

    location / {
       fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
       fastcgi_index Default.aspx;
       include fastcgi_params;
       fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
    }

in the configuration instead.  Alternatively, use "fastcgi.conf"
as available for simple configurations, it already has
SCRIPT_FILENAME set:

    root /home/pi/var/www/;

    location / {
       fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;