Facing content-type issue with try_files.

Makailol Charls makailol7 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 04:39:11 UTC 2014

Hello,

Could someone help me with my previous query?

Actually the problem is that when image file doesn't have an extension it
is not being served with proper content type. Instead it is served with
"application/octet-stream" content-type. Due to this browser try to
download image instead of displaying it.

Is it necessary to have an extension to image file to set proper
content-type for Nginx? Couldn't web server set the content-type from *file
type* ?

Thanks,