nginx rewrites $request_method on error

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon May 19 11:33:49 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 01:25:57PM -0700, Yichun Zhang (agentzh) wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:56 PM, kay wrote:
> > Don't you think this is a bug?
> >

> I think the NGINX core should prevent bad things from happen when
>
> 1. the user configures complicated things in his error_page targets, and
> 2. the error page is initiated by nginx too early in the request
> processing lifetime (like when processing the request header).
>
> Because it should be done in the nginx core, and I can do very little
> on my 3rd-party modules side about this.
>
> Maxim Dounin: what is your opinion on this?

First of all, I think that people should think before specifying
error processing, especially complex error processing.

It is known that using subrequest for errors generated early may
cause request hang (and FengGu tried to provide a patch
a while ago on nginx-devel@), and it will be eventually fixed.
This is relatively low priority though, see above.

http://nginx.org/