nginx rewrites $request_method on error

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Mon May 19 18:48:17 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 4:33 AM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> First of all, I think that people should think before specifying
> error processing, especially complex error processing.

Unfortunately we cannot control what the users *think* :) Many users
just try things away according to their intuition. I'd expect that
we'll have to waste more time to explain to other users trying to do
this in the near future (before it gets fixed). I already cannot
remember exactly how many times my modules' users have reported such
things in the past ;)

IMHO, if nginx cannot handle a particular case, it should complain
about it rather than hang forever. It is about usability :)

> It is known that using subrequest for errors generated early may
> cause request hang (and FengGu tried to provide a patch
> a while ago on nginx-devel@), and it will be eventually fixed.

That's cool. Looking forward to that.

Regards,
-agentzh