Upgrading mysql and configurating my custom 404.html page.

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Nov 25 21:34:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 02:56:18PM +0100, Thornx John wrote:

Hi there,

> Now I must make a choice: keep or not Apache2 !
>
> I confess that I prefer nginx, but if I uninstall apache that will
> happen to my website ?
>
> I hope it's a little clearer.

If you have a working system, the easiest thing is to leave it working
as-is.

>From your first mail, I thought that you had a working nginx system,
then made two changes and it stopped working.

>From this mail, I think that you did not have a working nginx system.

There is too much information missing from these mails for me to know
what you want to do.

If your apache system works well enough, do not change it. Maybe build
a test system on another machine, and play with changing that to nginx.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org