Help! log phase is not executed due to r->count being non-zero

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Oct 13 19:09:23 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 02:43:07PM -0400, wangweixun wrote:

> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> Why do I have to do the work in the post handler? Now I have a stub post
> handler. ngx_http_read_client_request_body() does nothing but load the
> request body into the original request, which is used by the next handler.
> Everything seems to be working fine to me.

If you don't need a request body in your module, it's not clear
why at all you are trying to read it.  If, in contrast, you do
need the request body, you shouldn't try to do the real work till
the post_handler is called.

Technically, you can use multiple access-phase handlers to handle
things, as long as proper order is maintained by using flags set
in post_handler.  But there is no need to use multiple handlers to
do this, as there is no real difference as long as you anyway
maintain flags set in post_handler.  On the other hand, if you
indeed using a stub post_handler, it means that things are working
by chance.

http://nginx.org/